CNC-350 CNC slotting machine had design safety checking design to avoiding operator do wrong process and happen any accident:
Before to do Home (zero return) , it must confirm Ram must stop at top safety point.
For example, if operator had installed slotting tool, then the slotting tool move in the inside of hole of work piece, under the status if operator execute Home (zero return) process, machine will occur crush accident.
So, there is sensor in the spindle that will check the spindle is stop At top safety point or not. If the sensor don’t ON, when press Home X or Home Y or Home C , alarm will issue to warning not allow Home.
When happen on install the machine:
Please check if the install procedure is correct as following steps:
- Lifting machine to right position and adjusting the leveling bolts well.
- Turn on power and press Low speed key to set speed at Low step
- Press Mode key at MPG status (Manual Mode)
- Press Ram Run button to let Ram running up and down, then checking the backward flywheel rotating direction is CCW (front view) direction (Same as red arrow tap on flywheel cover) or not?
If the flywheel rotating direction wrong, then change each two wires to correct the flywheel rotating direction.
- Press Ram run button, then press Ram stop button under Manual mode (MPG or JOG mode) , the Ram (Tool) will stop at top safety position
- After Ram stop at top safety position, then press Home key and press X+,Y+,C+ or Cycle start button to execute zero return process.
If correct, then solution:
Please press MPG key, then press Ram Run Button, then press Ram stop button, then Ram will stop at top safety position, and could execute Home (zero return).
Please notice that if the spindle stops at near top point but NOT AT really top point, it will cause the inner sensor NOT ON, and can’t execute Home smoothly.
Please check what step you set at now and using high or Low speed ,then go to parameter No. 3423-3430 to set the spindle stop delay time.
Please move cursor to right column to set the spindle delay time , the unit is 0.1 second , it can add 1 (0.1 sec) then test spindle stop by MPG mode until it stop at correct top safety point range (can execute Home when spindle stop at top mean correct top safety point range) .
Please read operation manual for detailed description.
This CNC plug-in uses the brake motor with the spindle proximity switch time control brake motor movement.
Action control Delay time (in 0.01 seconds) is located in parameter numbers 3423 to 3430 A total of 8 parameters are
Low speed 1 (3423) Low speed 2 (3424)
Low speed 3 (3425) Low speed 4 (3426)
High speed 1 (3427) High speed 2 (3428)
High speed 3 (3429) High speed 4 (3430)
When the user has been using it for some time, if the punch does not actually stop at the dead position on , follow these steps to adjust
- Switch mode key to MPG mode, (manual mode).
- Press the punch button to start the punch run
- Press the punch stop key to stop the punch run
- Check the punch stop position, can be determined by the rear counterweight block position The starting point position of the punch,
if the right side does not reach the 270 degree position, then the stop instruction is too early, the delay time setting is required,
if the right side (more than 270 degrees position), it is too late to stop the plate instruction, the delay time setting needs to be reduced
- Press the F6 parameter setting key and then press F5 to jump to the parameter number. Based on the current speed of use,
- For example, the current high-speed 1 segment, then the parameter number 3427, and then enter the password 520 into the parameter 3427 position.
- Adjust the original setting parameters according to the results of the manual punch stop test, if the original setting is 10, (10x0.01 x 0.1 seconds);
If the counterweight block exceeds 270 degrees directly below the position when the punch stops, first subtract 1 (10-1 x 9) set 9, then press the punch head to press stop, and then check the counterweight stop position,
In this step, adjust to the counterweight position directly below the ±15 degrees position, the best position is directly below 270 degrees, if minus 1 plus 1 in 260 degrees and 280 degrees position, preferably located at 270 degrees to the left(260 degrees to 270 degrees) is better
Of course, 270 to 280 degrees is ok, just try to set before 270 degrees is better, because the punch at 270 degrees strength maximum, early braking is better
- Start the punch run again, switch to another gear, and adjust the corresponding parameter number according to the above steps.
Please refer to the related videos below